Monday, January 18, 2016

Pop-Up Birthday Card

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I know it's a bit late into the year but better late than never. I hope you have a wonderful 2016 and wish only great things come to you and your family. I am posting a birthday card for my dear boyfriend. He is such a sweetheart and his birthday is early February so I decided to complete it early and not let procrastination win over once again. I used the mamaelephant three amigos stamp set which I love love LOVE!  I am very happy with how this turned out although it did take quite some time to finish. The outside I left pretty simple with just two patterns of washi tape, stamping the front with the greeting "Let's Celebrate". Can't remember the brand and stamp name right now. 

For the inside, I cut card stock with the cloud background and adhered it to the front inside of the card. I stamped Happy Birthday from a paper smooches stamp set and used thin strips of Grafix medium weight chipboard for the posts. At first I attempted to let the banner part hang from each of the posts but it kept dropping oddly in the center pulling the posts inward. So i chose to put the top strip to make it sturdier and glued the birthday sign to the strip.

Then I hand cut and colour the little raccoon and cut circles from a patterned card stock.  I cut the grass border with my silhouette  cameo and tied bows using lawnfawn's tangerine twine. To give the floating helium effect for the bunch of balloons, I cut a thin strip of clear plastic and wrapped the twine around it and attached it to the balloon bunch. I think the twist of the twine makes it really look like the balloons are floating.





I am so happy with how this card turned out as it is exactly how I pictured it. Hoping you enjoyed this card as much as I did. Lots of work but worth it in the end for sure.

Take care!

SweetiePaper.




No comments:

Post a Comment